Chill Out Turmeric Paste/Golden Latte Paste
Turmeric has been a crucial spice used for over 4000 years to improve health, pain, sleep, and overall wellness. For me, I use turmeric for it's anti-inflammatory properties (help get rid of mild aches and pains) and to assist in sleep and relaxation. I take a hunk of this paste, created a little golden latte, and BAM! I fall into a deep state of REM sleep. The type of sleep which is crucial for recovery and cognitive functions.
1/2 cup organic turmeric powder
1 cup water of more depending on consistency
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup un-refined coconut oil
Cap full of vanilla extract
Dash of cinnamon
1. Add turmeric powder to water in a medium pan.
2. Turn heat on to a low temperature and begin to occasionally stir the powder, into the water. Here you can add the black pepper.
3. Keep stirring until the contents thicken roughly within 5-10mins.
4. Next, add coconut oil, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Mix ingredients together until fully combined.
5. Take paste off heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate paste in a jar or tight fitting container.
*Paste will keep for roughly 4-5 weeks.
Writer Bio: John Schaser is a certified health nut...not sure if I should blatantly state that, or why I'm talking in the third person...anyways I am the founder and owner of Health Alchemist. In my spare time I wrestle bears and day dream about being in nature. My focus is to spread my wealth of health & fitness knowledge to help others and assist in their journey of living a happier healthier lives. Instagram @health_alchemist.
Stop Feeling Confused