Stop Wrist Pain Fast!
Wrist Flexibility/Mobility - PAILs RAILs Stretches
Is your wrist pain holding back your results? Yogi's, crossfitters, gymnasts, and more all suffer from some degree of wrist injuries. The biggest occur within handstand and hand balancing activities. The root cause of these injuries are due to a lack of wrist ROM (range of motion). The key here is to stretch the restricting tissues of the wrist capsules, and teach the musculature in the forearms to control the end ranges of motion. This exercise will do just that!
- Place hands flat on ground
- Passively stretch wrists for 2+ minutes
- Perform PAILs set for 20 second contraction holds
- Perform RAILs set for 20 second contraction holds
- Passively relax and stretch into new position for 2+ minutes
- Repeat steps 1-5 for 1-2 additional rounds
Tips & Safety
Gauge your own body during this exercise. If pain occurs do not stretch further into position. Consult a Doctor or Physical Therapist if pain continues or persists.
Writer Bio: John Schaser is a certified health nut...not sure if I should blatantly state that, or why I'm talking in the third person...anyways I am the founder and owner of Health Alchemist. In my spare time I wrestle bears and day dream about being in nature. Check out my instahoochie...I mean Instagram @health_alchemist.