Improve Lifts with this Wrist Warm Up!
Wrist Flexibility/Mobility - Controlled Articulations
Joint discomfort? What a pain in the WRIST! Agh gotcha, bet you thought I was going to say ass 😉. This wrist exercise is great to warm up before workouts, hand balancing, or even just to keep those joints well lubed and healthy. CARs stands for "Controlled Articular Rotations." Simply put, they help your body lubricate the joints with synovial fluid and improves joint ROM and function.
- Bend arms 90˚ at the elbows
- Irradiate a contraction from your forearms up through your shoulders and upper body
- In whichever direction, slowly control and move your wrist in as big of a circle as possible
- Be sure to not compensate the movement by rotating the forearms
- Perform a couple rounds of rotations in each direction
Perform 2 rounds x 10 controlled rotations (5 in each direction)
Tips & Safety
Gauge your own body during this exercise. If pain occurs do not stretch further into position. Consult a Doctor or Physical Therapist if pain continues or persists.
Writer Bio: John Schaser is a certified health nut...not sure if I should blatantly state that, or why I'm talking in the third person...anyways I am the founder and owner of Health Alchemist. In my spare time I wrestle bears and day dream about being in nature. Check out my instahoochie...I mean Instagram @health_alchemist.