Not Yo Granddaddy's Venison Recipe
Wild Game Grilled Right!
If you're new to hunting and have no idea how to cook venison tenderloin, or if you want to mix up your wild game cooking, this recipe will do just that! Cooking deer meat doesn't have to be stressful and this simple recipe will surprise guests and leave your taste buds drooling for more.
4-6 individuals, cavemen, or humans depending on loin length and cut.
- Venison Tenderloin
- 3/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Onion
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
1. Prep deer meat by cutting off any fat or tough portions.
2. Cut deer loin into round slices about 1/4" to 1/2" thick. *Note thickness will vary, grill time. Thinner slices will cook faster and could be more susceptible to over-cooking and being tough. If you like a more char-grilled piece of meat, I recommend cutting thicker slices.
3. Place loin slices in a medium sized bowl.
4. Pour 3/4 cup Soy Sauce, 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, & 1/4 cup water in the bowl.
5. Toss meat around till covered.
6. Slice one whole onion and orange bell pepper and place contents into bowl with meat.
7. Mix around the contents in the bowl, cover with tin foil and let soak/marinade for 12-24hrs.
8. Warm up grill to 400˚F or medium heat.
9. Place meat on grill and discard onion and pepper slices.
10. Grill until meat is a slight pink on the inside. *Note, grill time will depend on loin thickness, char desire, and grill tempurature.
11. Take meat off grill, place on a plate and cover it with tin foil for 2-5 minutes to rest.
12. Serve and Enjoy!
Basting: You can choose to baste the venison with honey or BBQ sauces to add more char and extra flavor.
Writer Bio: John Schaser is a certified health nut...not sure if I should blatantly state that, or why I'm talking in the third person...anyways I am the founder and owner of Health Alchemist. In my spare time I wrestle bears and day dream about being in nature. My focus is to spread my wealth of health & fitness knowledge to help others and assist in their journey of living a happier healthier lives. Instagram @health_alchemist.